Congratulations! You are learning English with VOA Learning English! Try the quiz to test yourself. Then, look at the list below and see how much you are learning! Come back next week to see more of Anna and her friends in Washington, DC.
Xin chúc mừng! Bạn đang học tiếng Anh với VOA Learning English! Cùng làm thử bài kiểm tra nhỏ dưới đây nhé. Sau đó hãy kéo xuống danh sách ở dưới đây và xem các bạn đã học được bao nhiêu rồi nhé! Đừng quên quay lại để xem các bài học mới với Anna và những người bạn của cô ở Washington, D.C. nhé.
Bài kiểm tra (Review Quiz)
Ôn lại bài cũ (Lesson Review)
Here are the lessons and learning points. Write to us in the Comments section to let us know which you like best.
Lesson 10: Come Over to My Place
- Grammar focus: Locating places; Imperatives; There is /There are
- Topics: Giving directions; Sequence of events with then
- Learning Strategy: Use Images
- Speaking & Pronunciation Focus: Giving simple directions; Using rising intonation to check understanding
Lesson 11: This Is My Neighborhood
- Grammar focus: Prepositions (across from, behind); Cardinal numbers indicating quantity; Singular/Plural introduction
- Topics: Describing neighborhoods; Asking for information
- Learning Strategy: Ask Questions
- Speaking & Pronunciation Focus: Expressing gratitude, emphasis on words expressing feelings
Lesson 12: Meet My Family
- Grammar focus: Auxiliary do and the verb make
- Topics: Family members; family relationships
- Learning Strategy: Find and Apply Patterns
- Speaking & Pronunciation Focus: Ask about a problem; varied ways to pronounce "aunt"
Lesson 13: Happy Birthday, William Shakespeare!
- Grammar focus: Frequency adverbs, cause and effect phrases
- Topics: Usual and unusual activities
- Learning Strategy: Make an Inference
- Speaking & Pronunciation Focus: Using frequency adverbs to talk about cause and effect; blended sounds
Lesson 14: How About This?
- Grammar focus: Position of adjectives before nouns; use of two phrasal verbs: put on and take off
- Topics: Describing clothing colors and sizes; making a suggestion and giving compliments
- Learning Strategy: Personalize
- Speaking & Pronunciation Focus: Making a suggestion; using color adjectives with nouns
Ý kiến của bạn? (What do you think?)
How are you using "Let's Learn English?" Is it helping you to learn English? Please write to us in the comments section or send us an email. Take the poll to let us know the most helpful part of each lesson.
Thank you for coming to learn English with us!